Default Landlord's Responsible For Emotional Distress

For several months I have been terrorized by drug dealing co-tenants in the West Oakland warehouse where I have lived for since January 2005. On August 15, my co-tenant and his associate, began a ruthless process to criminally evict me out of our shared residence.
    It began when they maliciously vandalized $3,000 worth of my personal belongings that were inside of my room. My property was removed and then pushed over a ledge falling 25ft (approximately) to the concrete below. I contacted police but the main perp split the scene. The next several weeks the conditions worsened and it seemed to progressively get worse the more I notified my landlord who also happens to be a multi-millionaire "entrepreneur". To make a very long story short, I have suffered greatly, I have become rendered nearly destitute by the actions of this people. The roommates who sympathized with me were forced out by intimidation. Now there is a group of them that seem to have nothing better to do than to make my life hell. They built a wall which the landlord approved and paid for, obstructing me from well over 75% of the premises, they have made a false police report which landed me in Santa Rita county jail in Maximum Security no less on two felony counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The case was dropped by the DA thankfully but now they still are at it and I feel like I'm losing it. I cant function correctly, I’m afraid to leave my house I have no money, no food, my mind and emotional state is spiraling downward and I don’t know what to do. It seems like I've done almost everything and right before I finish I get slammed with another gross violation of my rights to live peacefully. 4 nights ago one of them was arrested on narcotic charges. I am very afraid of what may happen to me when he gets out. Any suggestions other than get a lawyer (yeah give me a call 'cause I'm either not having any luck or I'm calling the wrong types of lawyers), get out ( I would if I could but I cant)

Default Terrorized by Roommates

You say that your roommates are causing you problems? How is that the landlord's fault?

Default terrorized by roomates

The landlord is responsable for abetting nuisance, especially when it is regards to drug dealers. I notified him of everything which was happening even before the actual criminal offensis occured. After the vandalism which is a crime, he seemed as if he wanted to help. He told me in order for him to help I would need to speak to the police and file a report. I did that. Then he told me get a restrainign order, which I tried to do but was declined pending trial. During this time the harrassment continued. Immediatly after the restraining order (which somehow my cotenants were privy to that information* I'll get back to this one.) The meanest one 6"7' 320lbs meth addict/dealer/known felon retaliated by using my head as a wood chipper. Ok he knocked me arouind a bit. The harrassment continued and worsened. They frightend off the only to sympathtic roomates I had. Which coincedently signed affidavits before hand and were also my subtenants. After the attack the owner pulled back his advice and issued a demand for me to get him a police report and restraining order (i had already written him regarding the denial) ok, the day get attacked, the officer is tahing his report and the defendents girlfriend runs up to me and the officer and starts screaming that I'm harrassing her and that she's heard that I had filed a restraining order and she wants him to help her fill out hers and serve it to me. Anyway, So a week goes by the Defendent 2 the thug still roams around our warehouse, still harrassing me, still cutting my phone line with wire cutters, calling me names, humiliating me, and every tiime Im call the police he is suddenly *poof, vanished. So I'm scared to death and have virtually barracaded myself in my room, I'm beginning to lose it so to speak, despondent, paranoid, etc. So I decide to write the health department regarding other substandard housing issues which the landlord has always ignored like the 6 broken windows, the missing pressence of any type of heating device other than the stove, exposed and faulty wiring, the water leak coming from the upstairs neighbors marijuana grow room, the busted deadbolts, and so on and so forth. I call the inspector, I mail the letter certified post and I also email him to make him aware of my actions. He reponds by raising my rent by more than $800. Yes from $550 to $1407. Why just two weeks prior to that the mans property manager refused to accept my rent because I wished to pay seperatly from the other cotenants for the obvious reasons. God and it keeps getting worse. So I file another restraining order but for some strange reason everytime I have someone to serve them their no longer here in the warehouse, oh did I fail to mention that during this time my landlord pays these drug dealing roomates to construct a makeshit flimsy fire hazard wall in order to restrict my access to over 75% of my home, oh and that the day that they built the wall his property manager serves me and only me with a summons. See the landlord just up and decided to add me to a $20,000 breach of contract lawsuit he had applied for way back in July. No well he did, and he blocked my ip address so that I could reach him, and he and they had me arrested on a false report of aggrivated assault with a deadly weapon, I was in jail for 5 days in a pretty rough Oakland and Bay area jail. Maximum security without any real idea why I was there. You want emotional Distress...let me tell you what having everything you have ever known thrown into a hole and buried. DA dropped my case thankfully, if he hadnt I could have been in prison for up to 5 goddamn years. When I returned home sick to death from fear I find a letter post dated the day after I had been arrested from my owners lawyer. It was a cease and desist nusiance eviction threat. I was arrested at 7pm the evening, this lawyer letter was postdated the very next day. Wow he sure worked fast or perhaps he already had it typed out. Need I go on, am I crazy, I have so much information but I dont have the mental facilities to do anything with it. I'm paralyzed with humiliation, outrage, depression, fear all at once. I cant believe I even made it this far in my response....

Default one more thing

The reason that they somehow disappeared whenever I'd call the police or try and serve them papers is because they were bugging my room and no I'm not crazy I have found the device, I have witness and even an admission from one of the defendents. So there.

Default Problems with Landlord

Your situation is rather complicated, and you say that there is already litigation between you and your landlord? Consult a local lawyer for representation.

Default terrorized by roomates

I have but either I'm scaring them off with the complexity of my case or I'm consulting the wrong type of lawyer. I know this may sound weird but I'm so scared and well something isnt quite right upstairs in my noggin because I start to call someone and I get severe panic attacks, when I speak with someone I begin to stutter. Being and artist liminalmediagroup . com I've always been a bit eccentric nothing to outragious but I am somewhat different. Now Im dealing with these major bouts of avoidence. Before I was arrested and during the aforementioned harrassment I didnt leave my room for nearly 2 months. I wasnt like this before this happened. thanks though for your time.

1. Sponsored Links