Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Exclamation How to Revoke or Cancel Quitclaim Deed in Florida

    My question involves real estate located in the State of: Florida

    Thanks for any and all responses or advice in Advance.

    My grandmother recently signed some papers against my advice to my Uncle the documents were all in English and she can only read and write in Spanish. Among the papers she signed a Quitclaim Deed I was never aware that of what it was until I researched it on Google. I understand the ramifications of the document but is there anyway to Void this or Cancel it and have her Property returned. It was done under False and Fraudulent pretenses. My Uncle has since then pulled a 118,000 dollar loan on the property which he claimed to her were tax papers claiming her as a Dependent since she was living with him at the time. She was lied to and tricked into giving her property away to my Uncle. He has yet to activate the deed in court seeing as if the property stays under my grandmothers name its her credit that suffers not his and the property taxes are very small since she is retired.

    I would like to cancel that Quitclaim deed and have the property that she spent her life working for returned to her. How can I go about this? The 118,000 dollar loan is also Illegitimate so I am sure that I would have to go to court and Sue him and the company that forged her bank statements to have that money returned to the property. They stated she earned 4,000/month and was currently working even though she was retired.

    I have been looking everywhere for decent information or close too so I could step in and take action I don't have the money to help her at this time otherwise I would hire a Lawyer to take care of this situation. Thanks in advance I am just really confused and I know this is very Illegal what they have done to her.

    *No Translators*
    *English Paperwork*
    *False Promises*

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: How to Revoke or Cancel Quitclaim Deed in Florida

    I suggest getting in touch with the Florida Senior Legal Hotline. They may be able to suggest a lawyer, or otherwise offer assistance. I'm sure they've encountered similar situations on an unfortunately high number of occasions.

    Florida Senior Legal Hotline
    Bay Area Legal Services
    829 W. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Blvd. 2nd FL
    Tampa, FL 33603

    8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday
    (813)232-1343 (Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties)
    (888)895-7873 (All Counties)
    9:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. EST
    (800)625-2257 (Pasco and Sarasota Counties)


  3. #3

    Default Re: How to Revoke or Cancel Quitclaim Deed in Florida

    I agree. The first thing to do is to go to the courthouse and see if the deed has been filed. He could have filed it after getting the loan. Who is living in the house now? Unfortunately you are going to need legal assistance to get this straightened out and Mr. K has given you the best place to start.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: How to Revoke or Cancel Quitclaim Deed in Florida

    Thanks for the Information

    -The Deed has not been filed yet I am sure of that but, It could happen any day I am sure he is waiting for someone to pay that off since it wouldn't be in his interest to pay that loan off and, its not his credit to gamble with.

    Right now its just my brother and grandmother living there I just don't want them to lose the house and get cheated. I am very very upset with the way things are going and I would just like to clear this situation up as quickly as possible. I know if I sue him for the 118,000 thats going to take a long time and a bunch of court proceedings that will have to be payed most likely by me anyways but, sadly I have no choice but to pay.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: How to Revoke or Cancel Quitclaim Deed in Florida

    I know if I sue him for the 118,000
    you have no standing to sue him. Legally, this is not your fight and you cannot unilaterally take it on.

    contact the offices Mr. K posted. There is often reduced cost, or even free assistance to the elderly. Financial abuse of the elderly can even be a criminal act in some states and situations.

    there is help but they will not call you. You need to call them.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Deeds - Quitclaim: What Invalidates a Quitclaim Deed
    By Legalnewb74 in forum Real Estate Ownership and Title
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 08:03 PM
  2. Seller Wants to Use Quitclaim Deed
    By JC1 in forum Buying, Selling and Conveying Real Estate
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 06:28 AM
  3. Deeds - Quitclaim: What's a Quitclaim Deed?
    By all4evrhis in forum Real Estate Ownership and Title
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
  4. Deeds - Quitclaim: Pros and Cons of Quitclaim Deed in Florida
    By Lois Lynch in forum Real Estate Ownership and Title
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 06:49 AM
  5. Can You Revoke A Life Estate Quit Claim Deed
    By katy_30 in forum Estate Planning, Administration and Probate
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Real Estate Forms
Real estate forms and contracts, state specific, immediate download.