Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Canadian Marrying American

    My question involves marriage law for the State of: North Dakota and Minnesota

    I'm a Canadian and my boyfriend is an American. We both live in North Dakota (in different cities..he works, I'm a graduate student) We want to get married next summer, but we don't know the process we need to go through in terms of paperwork, etc. I really want to get married in Canada, but we think we'll probably move back to the states after the wedding. Is this possible? And what are the steps we need to take?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Toledo, OH

    Default Re: Canadian Marrying American

    Congratulations on your impending nuptials!

    Yes, you can get married in Canada, then come home to the US. Then comes the expensive paperwork - you will need to file Form I-130 and Form I-485.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Divorce: Canadian Divorcing American
    By oxfordchickie in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 05:45 AM
  2. Other Issues: An American Marrying a Dual Citizenship American/Canadian
    By purplesky88 in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 07:19 AM
  3. Canadian Wants To Sell American Car In The U.S.
    By rider in forum Vehicle Registration and Title
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 03:38 AM
  4. Marriage: Canadian To American Citizenship
    By Confused_1 in forum Visas for Business, Tourism and Family
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 08:07 AM
  5. Canadian Native American Status In The U.S.
    By Gandalf44 in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources