Default Can You Really Get Free Credit Scores?

I,m from Illinois and I filed a year ago. I have been trying to re-group and purchased a credit score program for a limited time for 49.95 from Stephen Snyder who has a bankruptcy seminar that travels to different states. Anyway, I was very pleased with the short time I had the service because I actually saw my credit scores go up after I went back and fourth with some creditors who had negative items on my reports. However, once the time period was over, I discovered that I now have to purchase the program again for a short time at 49.95. I gotta tell you, this can get real expensive real fast and after bankruptcy, the last thing I want to do is throw money out the window. Where are the legitimate log in, click on and get a credit report or score for free websites....help...help...help.

Default Re: Be Honest, Can We Really Get Free Credit Scores?

Yes, you can get one free report each year from each agency here.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

I always get the reports, but I mean, can we get a credit score legitimitely for free?. I just received a free report from TransUnion today and the part where the scores are, it said "not applicable".

I obtain the free credit reports every year. I also get the credit score and alway pay $5.00 for it. I've never found a free credit score.

I can't remember which bank my son-in-law uses but he recieves free credit scores (as in multiple per year, maybe even unlimited).

I'll try to find out and post in the future if you care to check back once in awhile.

Default Re: Can You Really Get Free Credit Scores?

You can't get the score and the report in one place for free anywhere I've found. I get the free report from annualcreditreport.com then get my score online as a courtesy service from my bank (Washington Mutual). The thing to remember with those scores is that they are often the score that the bank drew on the 1st of the month, and they often don't get reported to you until about the 16th or so, and your score can change drastically within the same month as payments and charges post - so really your score is only a snapshot of that moment - tomorrow your score could be different - so don't get too comfy with a free score reported on only a monthly basis. The only score that'll really "count" with a creditor is the one they themselves pull at any specific instant. (Your score might be great at the beginning of the month, but much worse towards the end of the month as charges have accumulated, lessening your score, and the payments haven't been posted yet.)

1. Sponsored Links