Question What Should I Settle for

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: south carolina..Heading back with my family from disney world my husband dozed off, and our vehicle was on cruise at 70 mph our suv flipped several times. My seat belt snapped and i was ejected from the car and thrown into a revine along with my two older children. My insurance company is working on settling with me, since I was a victim and my husband the covered driver. I had a brain hemorrage which a year later still I have bouts of memory loss. I also had two crusched arms where they had been put together again with cadaver bones, metal full plates and pins. I still do not have full range of motion in either arm and can lift only a few pounds at at a time. my daughter that was three at the time I have not been able to pick up and hold in over a year. I was in physical therapy for several months still cannot cook anything that requires me to pick up pots or dishes that may be full. I broke my collar bone and c3 and c4 bones that protect the vertebrate. These were my major injuries. Of course being thrown from a vehicle I still have problems with my knees and back. I was off work for 7 months. I went back full time but only lasted a few months and had to cut to part time due to the toll it took on my injuries. I have no idea how to or what to settle for when dealing with my insurance and I need help.

Default Re: What Should I Settle for

What are the policy limits?

Quote Quoting sjones06
    View Post
    I have no idea how to or what to settle for when dealing with my insurance and I need help.
    Yes, you do. Professional help.

Do not attempt to do battle with your insurance company by yourself. Hire an attorney who is experienced with personal injury claims, so you have someone to advocate for you.

Agree, due to the number of & serious injuries you sustained & medical bills involved, you definitely need to contact a personal injury attorney for assistance & advice. However; since the accident was your husband's fault, your ins. co. probably will not offer over the maximum policy limits.

Good luck on continued recovery from your injuries.

1. Sponsored Links