Default Disciplined for Mentioning a Sex Toy Party to Co-Workers

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Mississippi

To begin with I was called in my VP's office the other day with of course HR. They began questioning me of if I knew why I was there. It turns out several months ago a friend of mine had a sex party and asked me to invite a mutual friend. I did. The friendsí sister had just moved back to town after getting divorced and she told her as well. Well, word of mouth spread and people approached me asking me if I was having a party, I told them no, but my friend was and they asked if they could place an order and I said yes. Now, three months later these same people have brought it to upper management's attention and now I am under suspension for further investigation for bringing sexual content on company property. FYI, I left it in my car.

Okay, I give HR that. Over the last 12 months I have approached the same VP regarding another employees (who happens to be his best friends brother) making derogatory comments about me to employees and co-workers and yet nothing has been done except basically be told to work it out with him (I am female) This same issue has also been brought up by another manager to this VP.

My question what are my rights now that I was punished so quickly (I am waiting to see if I still have a job) for this yet this other employee has not received anything after months of complaints for the hostile environment that he has placed on me?

Default Re: Hostile Work Environment?

IMO, there does not appear to be any facts to support a discrimination claim.

Even if unfair, it does not mean it rises to the level of an unlawful action on the employer's part.

What type of facts or evidence would I need to support the claim.

Quote Quoting tweekie
    View Post
    What type of facts or evidence would I need to support the claim.
    Hostile work environment is a phrase associated with a workplace that is uncomfortable to work in due to elements of a sexual nature, such as crude jokes, constant gross talk etc.

Since you admit you were the one with the sex items on company property, other employees can claim such whether they attended your party or not.

Agree, seems nothing illegal done by the employer.

What type of derogatory comments have been made about you that you believe makes for a hostile work environment?

Default Re: Hostile Work Environment

Do you know, legally, what is meant by a hostile work environment? It's not what most people assume.

1. Sponsored Links