Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: First Ticket Ever (Kern County)

Quote Quoting Carez08
    View Post
    that maybe... Another question i have is, since my case was transfered from kern county to LA county because of residence (or because i am a minor and resident of LA County) will the officer be there?
    You're a minor? AND they transferred it between counties?

WHAT were they thinking!?

At your first hearing, no. The officer does not need to be there. Have you been cited in to juvenile court (or to juvenile probation)? Or to traffic court?

Chances are they will give you an option of informal probation and no report to DMV if to probation. Otherwise, if you fight it, chances are pretty good that the officer's not going to show in another county. If its CHP, he might ... he'll get paid the same whether he is on the streets in Kern or L.A. County. If it's a local officer, it's far less likely he'd bet there ... that can be a long drive.

- Carl

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    You're a minor? AND they transferred it between counties?

WHAT were they thinking!?

At your first hearing, no. The officer does not need to be there. Have you been cited in to juvenile court (or to juvenile probation)? Or to traffic court?

Chances are they will give you an option of informal probation and no report to DMV if to probation. Otherwise, if you fight it, chances are pretty good that the officer's not going to show in another county. If its CHP, he might ... he'll get paid the same whether he is on the streets in Kern or L.A. County. If it's a local officer, it's far less likely he'd bet there ... that can be a long drive.

- Carl
    No i do not have juvenile probation, never been to traffic court. i have only received a letter stating that the case was moved between counties. i am still waiting for the court date. the incident happened in March of this year

You will need to appear to plea to the charge. You can usually go anytime on or before the date on your citation. The officer will not be there for that appearance. If you plead not guilty a hearing date and time will be set. The officer will usually attend the hearing. In some instance the officer doesn't appear and the case is dismissed. You're taking a chance that he won't appear and if he does, you'll probably be convicted of 15 over the speed limit. You'll spend a lot of time for those two days in court.

Quote Quoting Carez08
    View Post
    No i do not have juvenile probation, never been to traffic court. i have only received a letter stating that the case was moved between counties. i am still waiting for the court date. the incident happened in March of this year
    Often, juvenile matters are referred to the juvenile probation office and not to a court. Hence, my wondering whether you were scheduled to appear in juvenile court, at the juvenile probation office, or in traffic court.

- Carl

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Often, juvenile matters are referred to the juvenile probation office and not to a court. Hence, my wondering whether you were scheduled to appear in juvenile court, at the juvenile probation office, or in traffic court.

- Carl
    i have not received any court date... to juvenile or to traffic court. just the transfer of county notice... do i keep waiting?

You might want to follow-up. The paperwork can sometimes get misplaced and before you know it a warrant can be issued for FTA. So it wouldn't hurt to call them and get a status of your case.

Quote Quoting Carez08
    View Post
    i have not received any court date... to juvenile or to traffic court. just the transfer of county notice... do i keep waiting?
    On your orginal citation, did it indicate a court date? Or, did it say that you would be notified by juvenile probation?

At this point, you probably need to simply wait ... though calling the court that issued your transfer paperwork would not hurt.

- Carl

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    On your orginal citation, did it indicate a court date? Or, did it say that you would be notified by juvenile probation?

At this point, you probably need to simply wait ... though calling the court that issued your transfer paperwork would not hurt.

- Carl
    the officer checked the box that said "to be notified (juveniles must bring parent)" i hope i can find the letter that stated the transfer...

I am kinda hoping that it never went through ....

Default Re: Speeding Ticket In California

How can they transfer between counties? Here there would be no jurisdiction or venue.

Default Re: Speeding Ticket In California

Quote Quoting lwpat
    View Post
    How can they transfer between counties? Here there would be no jurisdiction or venue.
    It is not uncommon in juvenile matters to make such a transfer.

- Carl

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast