Default Failure to Appear While on Pretrial Release

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia

I was released from jail with Pretrial conditions. One of those conditions was to appear every court date. I moved from Georgia to Alabama 2 weeks after I was released from jail. The court agreed to let me move. I have been going back and forth to court for a year now and I recently couldnt make my court date because of transportation problems. The next day I called my pretrial releasee person and she was saying that I needed to turn myself in. My lawyer suggested the same thing but my question is what is going to happen once I turn myself in? Will I have to sit in jail for a lengthy amount of time or can I settle this situation and be out the next day? Help me please.

Thanks

Default Re: Failure to Appear While on PreTrial

That is possible.

You were let out because you told the court that you could be depended upon to appear.

Apparently, that isn't the case.

The court will now do whatever it must to ensure you appear.

But I was going to court every 2 weeks going back and forth to Georgia from Alabama for a year! Well, i guess i'll just have to take a big girl pill and accept whatever they throw at me although i think the judge can be nice and just let me appear the next court date and go home.

Quote Quoting IBMzD
    View Post
    But I was going to court every 2 weeks going back and forth to Georgia from Alabama for a year! Well, i guess i'll just have to take a big girl pill and accept whatever they throw at me although i think the judge can be nice and just let me appear the next court date and go home.
    You told the court you would appear.

You lied.

You don't have a choice about the "big girl pill". You come in or they will come after you.

Default Re: Failure to Appear While on Pretrial Release

LOOK here, I aint no liar, u no some things happen in peoples lives that prevent them from doing what they need to do and I will take that big girl pill and give u a pill 2 in hopes that u choke on it!

Default Re: Failure to Appear While on Pretrial Release

Ouch!!! no need to be an ass!!!

Yes, unexspected things can allways come up, but the whole thing is that you were let out of jail on a promise that you would appear to every court date. The fact that you moved to another state is not the courts problem. Turn yourself in and see what your lawyer can do for you to get you out. It is better to do it on your terms than get pulled over and go through that headache.

P.S. aint aint a word and I aint gonna use it!!!

1. Sponsored Links