Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Kicked Out Of A Motel 6 - Any Legal Recourse?

electrictroy;217537]I can understand why a manager might think a piece of paper is counterfeit, but when I talked to the central corporate office, they said he could *easily* confirm the reservation was real, simply by calling their reservation center. So rather than stand there and yell at me, all he needed to do was pick-up the phone & get confirmation.
    so what did the central corporate office tell you about the situation?

Oh ya, they said it was up to the manager.

He refused a 10% off sale price which is illegal. Being I'm a short man with a shy quiet personality, I'm sure the manager doesn't believe I actually did any of that. It's not something someone like me would do. (And the ex-employee can confirm we never had sex.)
    are you tellig us short people don;t have sex? or short people don;t get upset and do dumb things. I really don;t see your point here. Short folks are just as capable of doing everything you posted as a taller person. While many people appear shy initially, once they get revved up, all bets are off. They actually seem to get worse than a person that is more forward. It seems they cannot control their rage once they are angered.

He was just lying.
    ok

Piss-poor customer service.
    ok

And piss-poor on the part of the Corporation to back him up. By rights, he should be demoted and replaced with a new manager.
    since the corporate office supports the manager, chances are that is not going to happen.

One thing that may play a great deal in this is: many hotels are privately owned although they do carry a common name. It is a franchise type situation. With that, those types of chains often have disclaimers on discounts and pricing that state it is up to the individual location to accept or reject any special pricing.

any chance this hotel is privately owned?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I can understand why a manager might think a piece of paper is counterfeit, but when I talked to the central corporate office, they said he could *easily* confirm the reservation was real, simply by calling
    So what did the central corporate office tell you about the situation? Oh ya, they said it was up to the manager.
    No they most definitely did NOT say that.

They said the manager *must* give the price that is on the reservation.

The manager responded by kicking me off the property.
    short people don;t get upset and do dumb things. I really don;t see your point here.
    I'm saying that if you saw me, in person, you'd realize why the thought of me throwing things is ridiculous. Picture Dilbert. That's me. Can you imagine Dilbert throwing things at anybody? It's just preposterous. (Besides as I stated before, the staff was always polite & couteous.) (I never had reason to be angry at them.)
    It is a franchise type situation.
    I asked. Although many Motel 6s are franchises, *this* one in Fredericksburg is a corporate-owned hotel

Quote Quoting electrictroy
    View Post
    No they most definitely did NOT say that.

They said the manager *must* give the price that is on the reservation.

The manager responded by kicking me off the property. I'm saying that if you saw me, in person, you'd realize why the thought of me throwing things is ridiculous. Picture Dilbert. That's me. Can you imagine Dilbert throwing things at anybody? It's just preposterous. (Besides as I stated before, the staff was always polite & couteous.) (I never had reason to be angry at them.) I asked. Although many Motel 6s are franchises, *this* one in Fredericksburg is a corporate-owned hotel
    well, this is the first time you gave that info.

You have already gotten all the answers anybody can give you. File a complaint with the AG of the appropriate state and if you want to spend a lot of money where you might collect $4, sue the manager.

everything else is a matter of customer service and not controlled by law.

When I worked at JCPenney, the corporation was sued several million dollars due to numerous pricing errors (clothing advertised as "on sale" but registering full price at payment).

I imagine something similar could happen with this Motel 6 (several thousand dollar fine), if they are indeed charging customers full price when it should be 10% off.

that is a very different situation. Several states have laws that require a posted price to be accurate. That is what that suit was about. Now who got the money from that suit? I'm betting it was the AG of the state.

Your situation is different. It deals with a price adjustment based upon the coupon. There may be a legit reason it was not honored, maybe not.

So, write the state AG, file a suit of your own if you wish or forget about it. I vote for #3.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3