Default Ownership Of An Online Forum

I couldn't think of any other forum to post this, this one seemed the most appropriate. I'll try to keep this as non-technical as possible.

I own a domain (website). It is pretty popular and we have members from many places. When I say I own it, I mean my name is listed as the owner and I am listed as every contact for the domain. I paid $400 for it I believe. I also went in 1/2 for the forum software with a friend that was supposed to co-run the website with me, but once again, my name is on everything.

I won't go into all of the details, but we had a bit of a falling out and he is now acting like a baby in the forum removing/deleting/etc and giving friends of mine a hard time, essentially ruining the forum. He has locked my out more than once. He has threatened legal action (with his dad) if I remove him from the site as an administrator. He is 18 and more than 10 years younger than me and I was an idiot for involving someone else in this. I created it to help out the community. It doesn't make any money whatsoever and actually costs me money monthly.

I know there probably isn't anything to worry about, considering there are no written documents with his name ANYWHERE and I am the sole owner according to the domain and the forum software. If I wanted to start over, remove him as an administrator, and move forward, are there any legal ramifications at all that I could be faced with?

I know this may sound silly and petty to some people, but I put a lot of work into this site and it is brought me together with some of my current close friends. I also want to emphasize again that this is completely non-profit and no money is being made off this website.

Default Re: Ownership Of An Online Forum

Your rights are governed by your agreement in relation to the sharing of ownership and responsibility for the site, verbal though it may be, and the laws of your undisclosed state.

Default Re: Ownership Of An Online Forum

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    Your rights are governed by your agreement in relation to the sharing of ownership and responsibility for the site, verbal though it may be, and the laws of your undisclosed state.
    Sorry about that, the state is Ohio.

1. Sponsored Links