Default What To Do About Debt Collector

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Florida

My sister used my name and SS# to get a phone service with a local phone company. I found out when a collection agency started calling about an unpaid account. She was listed on the acct as authorized person and the phone was listed in the directory in her name. She has said she would pay this bill which she hasn't done. I need to get this clear from my credit as I am trying to get student loan. The account was opened 2002. Is there anyway I can clear this from my credit and get debt collector to stop calling me.

Default Re: What To Do About Debt Collector

Quote Quoting cinderedda
    View Post
    My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Florida

My sister used my name and SS# to get a phone service with a local phone company. I found out when a collection agency started calling about an unpaid account. She was listed on the acct as authorized person and the phone was listed in the directory in her name. She has said she would pay this bill which she hasn't done. I need to get this clear from my credit as I am trying to get student loan. The account was opened 2002. Is there anyway I can clear this from my credit and get debt collector to stop calling me.

What your are describing is identity theft. You will need to file a police report with your local police station. Get a copy of the report and send it to the collection agency. That should be sufficient for them to remove it from your credit.

***** Caution if it is found that you did actually own the account they will not remove it and you could be guilty of filing a false police report.

***** Caution you may put your sister into some hot water she has committed a felony.

1. Sponsored Links