Question Arkansas, Custodial Parent In Prison,Non Custodial Parent Was Not Informed

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Arkansas

Ok here's the short version, I had custody of my kids 6 yr ago and moved from Arkansas, I did not knw I had to get permission to move frm the state. I lost custody dispite proving over and over that the father is using and selling drugs. He's been in and out of jail and we've been back and forth to court, the only thing that has been said is that he needs to go to rehab, the judge found no need to change custody at that time.

Now he's in prison (he went Monday) for violation of probation on a felony possession of cocain charge, from what I've been told by the county he was arrested in he was sentenced 2 weeks ago and they gave him 2 weeks to get his affairs in order, he never told me about this, I found out on my own...

He's 35 years old and has lived with his mother all his life when we were seperated he moved back, so they live with her too... I assume the kids are with her now.

When I take him back to court (or go ex-parte) is she going to have a chance to get my kids?

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Arkansas, Custodial Parent In Prison,Non Custodial Parent Was Not Informed

She can certainly try but as the parent you will have upper hand. Now if there is some issue you have not mentioned or Dad to be released soon this can likely work out in your favor. I do suggest that you at least talk to an Attorney so you know what needs to be done

1. Sponsored Links