Default Set Up for Charge of Making Threats

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Nevada

This is going to be a weird post. Last year, after I had answered a request from a Department of Treasury Special Agent to report for a meeting regarding a company I had worked for at the time, my employer had me arrested under what is referred to as a Legal 2000. I legally answered the Special Agent’s request who informed me of the investigation my former employer had been under for some time.

The founder of the company was responsible for a third of a billion dollar tax scam.

I did not return back to the office. I returned back to my apartment where in a few minutes after I got home, I found I had been arrested under what is referred to as a Legal 2000 by false charges filed by my employer. The investigator who was assigned to my case verified the charges and investigation with the Department of Treasury agent and I was released within hours, free and clear. The federal officer had confirmed my story to the local official.

Upon return to my apartment later in the afternoon, I found my cellphone stolen, and my apartment ransacked. But items such as my computer and other valuables were still there. I feared for my life, packed what I needed and left my apartment for a couple of weeks to a friends house out of town where I knew I would be safe.

I cancelled my old cell phone the next day away from my apartment and got a new one with a different carrier.

In the ensuing weeks, I had a restraining order served by my former employer. A couple of months later I had learned that I was under an investigation by the local police filed by the CEO of my former employer. The charges were false. I apparently, when 350 miles away and working temporarily for another employer out of town, threatened this person in daylight and seen fleeing with “rifles” in the back of my truck. I was charged with violating this restraining order.

In addition, I apparently had sent threatening emails. I could not for the house I was staying was empty and there were no phone/cable etc lines running into it. I have no wireless card on my computer.

The first attorney knew of the gentleman who started the company. He knew he was a known racketeer and con man. The second attorney who opened up an office was from out of state.

A couple of weeks later I was in court asking to explain myself. Despite the facts from the Treasury Agent, and credit card receipts verifying my location at the time, I was charged with violation of the restraining order and the court has taken up this matter. I have the threat of arrest hanging over my head.

In the ensuing year, this former employer has stole my identity five times. A new criminal investigation was opened by a TIGTA officer when I had verified the facts. My old boss was terminated.

In addition, on my land line, when I answer the phone, I have received death threats. I have reported this to the local police. I have moved and am trying to lie as low as I can. I don’t know what to do. I know the facts are disjointed, but, I need legal help. It takes several years for a federal investigation to run its course.

I am in fear of my life. This founder of this business partner was found dead about eighteen months prior in his car from an assumed self inflicted gun shot wound. But, when I read the blogs, there are questions as to whether this is a legit suicide. The only thing I did was to report to a Federal Agent when requested. I did nothing illegal or unethical, as the Treasury agent has attested to.

Default Re: Being Pursued And I Believe Framed By Former Employer

You are being criminally charged by what prosecuting authority, for what charges, in what jurisdiction (Nevada? Federal?)?

Local Nevada jusridction based on phony charges.

You are being charged with what?

If you don't want to tell us, that's fine. Work with your criminal defense lawyer.

Criminal threat (while I was 350 miles away at the time) and violation of the restraiing order. My life has also been threatened, which I cannot verify, it is my word against someone elses. The number came through as a blocked ID.

Now, I have a criminal charges, and therefore a record, false charges filed by officials of a company that is under Federal Investigation.

I own no firearms. I never have and I never will. I did the ethical and legal course of action just to be in this hot water.

I know it's too fantastic to believe.

I have no attorney and I can't afford one anymore. My money is spent defending myslef from their other charges and resolving the identity theft.

Thanks for the help, anyway. I'm up a creek without a paddle. I've never in my life, been in trouble with the law. Hell, I never even had a speeding ticket. My employer and my boss at the time ordered me to file fradulent tax returns to the tune of millions of dollars for a friend of the founder of the company. I refused to do it, to violate federal law. I reported to a federal criminal investigator and showed up when ordered. Now look where the hell I am! Facing jail for an offense I did not and could not commit.

If you cannot afford a lawyer, seek court-appointed representation.

Aaron, read a L.A. Times series a couple of years ago about how the Las Vegas Court system and LV Metro PD really operate. Justice is a tradable commodity. It's buy your judge here. I would have better luck not showing up and leaving the jurisdiction. Both ways, I'm toast.

And, I have no evidence, but I believe it was my former boss, the one who assumed my identity as representation in front of the IRS, who is the one who sent the threatening e-mails that I was charged with in violation of the restraining order. But, I have no evidence, no way to get the evidence.

What I provided to the Treasury Special Agent, the evidence I provided, I was told was very damning. The Tresury Special Agent stated that I had helped the investigation. That I complied with the law by refusing to prepare fradulent tax returns and a tax scam that involved the jusidictions of Nevada, Canada, the Philippines, and Panama this place was setting up.

It was similar to one in California (one of the clients they had in California) which was set up to evade California sales tax to the tune of hundreds of thousands through a complicated structure of Nevada business entities, except this one was set up to evade Canadian Corp Taxes upon distributions through Nevada business entities and flowing out ultimately to Philippine and Panamanian corps. I was ordered by my boss to place my approval on the scheme, that is was legal way to avoid taxes so that this place could sell the client all of the business entities necessary in Nevada, so the salesman could make his commission. It also included one corp placing liens on another corp and vice versa, both ultimately owned by the same business entity for creditor protection. I was supposed to approve of a fraud in fact scheme.

This is the sort of stuff that was going on there. This is the other reason why there was a Special Treasury Agent assigned to investigate this place. THe treasury agent told me it would be advisable not to return, and I did not return.

1. Sponsored Links