Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Store Won't Uphold Sale Price

If I find a store ad for Tennessee and I live in Michigan, is it misleading that the Michigan store doesn't honor the Tennessee price? If I find a website for Target.com, ignore the pricing information and disclaimers on the website, and assume that any price on it means that the same merchandise will be available at the same price at every Target store, you think it's misleading in a sense that an AG's office or court will act upon?

your arguement of Tennessee v. Michigan is not applicable. A website is not percieved to be a "store" in the sense of what you are inferring. A website is seen as representative of all stores. Notice that at the top of the page, it says:

"about target"

It does not say "about target.COM" and when you go to the link, they speak of the entire corporation, not just about target.com.

I believe it would be a reasonable misperception of the posted info which is what defines "misleading".

as well, when you are on "target.com" it has a section "weekly ad". That further confuses the connection between target stores and target.com. If they want a person to believe that target.com and target brick and mortor are 2 totally seperate entities, then they should not link the two so closely. again, misleading the reader as to the connection between the two.

this thread deserves no additional input from me and I will leave it as is with my suggestions to contact Target and the Mi AG and hope for the best, but as a die hard pessimist, I always expect the worst.

OP can do whatever they wish.

You keep making broad assertions, and sharing your own opinion about what the law should be. But can you provide even one case, from anywhere in the country, for any store, where a court has agreed with you?

please reread post #12

The one where you keep making broad assertions, and sharing your own opinion about what the law should be, but without providing any cases or other authority to show that any court, anywhere in the nation agrees with you? I caught it, but thanks for the reminder.

yes, but please pay attention to this part:

this thread deserves no additional input from me and I will leave it as is with my suggestions to contact Target and the Mi AG and hope for the best, but as a die hard pessimist, I always expect the worst.
    I am not going to chase deceptive advertising citations from an AG's office. A decision from the AG concerning deceptive or misleading advertising is often based in perception and opinion and in my opinion, this situation is misleading. Doesn;t mean it is. Doesn;t mean it isn't. Just means that to me it is and that is enough to ask the AG to investigate it. What they do at that point is up to them.

Not sure why you want to beat this to death K. I simply stated my opinion and the action I would take. If you do not like it (which apparently you don't) you can offer your own advice, (which you have). Now, concerning this post, I am done with it.

I'm beating it to death? How many times are you going to post just to argue then announce that you're not posting any more?

Let me shed some light on this.

In most retailers with both an online presence and brick and mortar locations, prices can and will differ between the online and "on floor" experience.

It costs significantly less money to sell online than it does to keep the doors open.

May I make a suggestion?

Why not buy it online and pick it up at the Target store for the online price? You can do this with the gift card and it accomplishes the same exact result.

You will have to present the card and the online receipt to pick it up at the store's customer service desk.

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    Let me shed some light on this.

In most retailers with both an online presence and brick and mortar locations, prices can and will differ between the online and "on floor" experience.

It costs significantly less money to sell online than it does to keep the doors open.

May I make a suggestion?

Why not buy it online and pick it up at the Target store for the online price? You can do this with the gift card and it accomplishes the same exact result.

You will have to present the card and the online receipt to pick it up at the store's customer service desk.
    is kinda weird that it works like that. its not like youre going to get a different product or anything. i mean a bike at a walmart is a bike at a walmart. its not like ohhhh you got the ONLINE bike. ok illl go get one. and then it only comes with one wheel. they still sell it replace it store it. etc.

Let's say that you have 100 stores.

You want to stock a bicycle that costs 39.99 landed cost at the Distribution Center.

Logisitic costs within the DC (putaway and pick for the shipment) plus logistic costs to the store at 15.00 to the cost of the bike.

At the store, the bike has to be received, assembled and displayed. Employees have to be available to display the bike, remove the bike from the display for a customer to look, and then to put the bike in the back of the customer's car after purchase.

This adds another 15.00 in costs to the bike. Add an additional 10 dollars in the lost opportunity cost of the money tied up in the bike from the moment it is ordered to the moment it is sold.

The cost of the bike the customer bought at the store is 40 +15 +15 +10 = 80.
    The cost of the bike if the customer bought it straight from the DC via the website (you didn't think that there was this virtual store somewhere, did you) is 40 +15 = 55. Cost from the original vendor plus DC handling cost.

There is a SIGNIFICANT difference in the actualized cost of the product....

ESPECIALLY times that 100 stores I talked about. Let's say that you want this bike to go out to all stores and plan on selling 20 a week as a chain.

100 X 80 or 8000 to send it to the stores.

If you allow the internet to sell all 20 a week, you only have to stock 20 X 55... or 1,210.

This is why bricks and mortars are going to internet stores. There is significant benefits in cost. Every item offered at both the stores and the webpage is MUCH more cost effective sold on the website.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast