Default Can One Spouse's Felony Record Affect The Other Spouse With Employment Or Credit?

My wifes felony record is extensive. Charges include Prostitution (1), felony possession of both crack (1), cocaine (2), violation of probation (2) and DUI, over a 20 yr span. She is currently serving 5 yrs probation her recent probation violation and the crack conviction of 1 yr ago.. As a result of her problems, her credit is trashed. Her ability to find a job is grim to say the least because of her record and My credit is not great.

We have been married four years and I was recently laid off by my employer. Even though I am highly qualified in my field and have excellent references, I am having a problem securing employment which is unusual. It is imperative that I retain employment, especially in my field because it is all I know and flipping burgers will not get the bills paid. I did a credit check and DID find one of her bad debts on my rpt.

Very simply, how could her bad credit and criminal record effect me as an individual and spouse? Could my employment search and credit standing be adversely affected?

Default Re: Can One Spouses Felony Record Effect The Other Spouse With Employment/credit?

First off, would you give us the name of your state, please.

Default Re: Can One Spouse's Felony Record Effect The Other Spouse With Employment Or Credit?

Sorry, Georgia and California. We are from GA but I was transfered to CA for 1 yr then laid off.

Default Re: Can One Spouse's Felony Record Effect The Other Spouse With Employment Or Credit?

you are a Dedicated Husband first off. My wife will not stand for just my DUI back in the day. However, you should try creditboards.com because they gave me tips and I used them to improve my credit score up to 40 points. so I'm sure they have something for your situation.

Good Luck

1. Sponsored Links