Talking LLC Or INC: Do Either Allow Multiple Entities To File Under One Filing Fee?

My question involves business law in the state of: CA

What I'm trying to figure out is a way to pay for just one Corporation . . . but have the option of having a "sub"-corporation with its own unique name fall under that umbrella.

The annual filing fees are going to kill me on this, so I'm trying to find if any of the various flavors of incorporation have an advantage over others. Ideally what I'd like to be able to do is something like:

CORPORATION AAA
    CORPORATION BBB

where CORPORATION BBB can publish itself with a name different from CORPORATION AAA . . . but I wouldn't have to pay two separate annual filing fees.

I don't want to have to acknowledge that CORPORATION BBB is a subsidiary of CORPORATION AAA, if I can help it. Obviously the records can be got if someone is intent on finding out; I guess what I'm referring to is my ability to publish this second corporation's name . . . without having to conspicuously publish that it is (eg.) a subsidiary of CORPORATION AAA.

Sorry that's a little thick; I'm just trying to find the cheapest way to form two corporations with different names published on my materials & websites. I don't even know that I can do such a thing, but I'm hoping I can. Thanks

BR

Default Re: LLC Or INC: Do Either Allow Multiple Entities To File Under One Filing Fee?

You might want to form a Corp. or LLC, then operate with two DBA's under it.

I had an "S Corp" that originally did software work. Later on, my wife started a mail order business selling stuff having nothing to do with sottware, with a distinct DBA, for that business. You'll do this if you want to have separate bank accounts, distinct identities for each business.

1. Sponsored Links