Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wrong Foot Operated On

My question involves medical malpractice in the state of: Nevada
    My doctor operated on the wrong foot - for plantar fascitis. No one in the hospital marked either foot, nor did the doctor. All the paperwork reflected the left foot being operated on and he operated on the right foot. Although both feet had bone spurs, I had not had any pain in the right foot, only the left. He ended up having to do both feet since I could not walk on the injured foot to begin with and I was in a wheel chair for 3 weeks. He damaged the nerve on the right foot (the wrong foot) and I now have tarsal tunnel syndrome and 1/3 of my foot is numb with random shooting nerve pain that has not changed in a year.

Since Nevada's laws are so strict I was wondering what my chances were with the insurance company not wanting a jury trial. I have a very good attorney but he said that most insurance companies ask for one and that juries tend to side with the doctor. Thank you.

Default Re: Wrong Foot Operated On

If either party wants a jury trial, then there will be a jury trial.

If you are worried about juries, then settle.

Since you have an attorney, you might want to follow his advice. No one here can say what will happen in a jury trial.

I think you have a great case against all parties involved.

After more than 20 years in the medical business, my guess is that there's a lot more to the story.

"Operating on the wrong side" errors do happen, and some of them are truly tragic.

Thumbs down Re: Wrong Foot Operated On

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    "Operating on the wrong side" errors do happen, and some of them are truly tragic.
    You've got to be kidding me? "Errors do happen." ? Errors are not excusable by the IRS, nor are accidental shootings resulting in death (manslaughter)...

How can people think doctors should be exempt and excused for so many "errors" in medicine? Why should there be time limits when a patient is truely hurt by a medical "error"? People are oftern crippled for their lifetime!

Do you understand that 25% of deaths that occure in hospitals happen because of "medical error"...

I've only been reading this board over this last few weeks but the unanswered questions puzzle me and the ones pushed aside as meaningless just plain blow me away!

Your rant has nothing to do with what I wrote, and is wholly out of place in this thread. Please try to be more courteous in the future.

Quote Quoting fivealive
    View Post
    You've got to be kidding me? "Errors do happen." ? Errors are not excusable by the IRS, nor are accidental shootings resulting in death (manslaughter)...

How can people think doctors should be exempt and excused for so many "errors" in medicine? Why should there be time limits when a patient is truely hurt by a medical "error"? People are oftern crippled for their lifetime!

Do you understand that 25% of deaths that occure in hospitals happen because of "medical error"...

I've only been reading this board over this last few weeks but the unanswered questions puzzle me and the ones pushed aside as meaningless just plain blow me away!

Who said doctors should be exempt? Who said it's meaningless? Please give us some statistics regarding people "often being crippled for their lifetime.

Also, please share information about the studies that show "25% of deaths that occur in hospitals happen because of medical error".

It's great having someone so intelligent on the forum...welcome!!

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    Your rant has nothing to do with what I wrote, and is wholly out of place in this thread. Please try to be more courteous in the future.
    You are right. This does not belong on this particular thread. My appologies.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast