Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Statutory Rape In Florida

Lets be honest, here. I'm 19 years old and my girlfriend is 16 turning 17 this year. Her parents somehow found out about us having sex. Am I at any risk of falling under the statutory rape law? I've read in FL if your over the age of 24 you CAN'T have and sexual relationships 16 or 17.

Seeing to the fact I'm 19. I shouldn't get in trouble. Right?

Default Re: Statutory Rape In Florida

Depends on your definition of "trouble". Would you likely be prosecuted under Florida's statutory rape laws? No, because of the "Romeo clause". However, her parents CAN take out a restraining order against you, file a criminal complaint for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and if you have EVER sent ANY type of sexually oriented message to her via email, notes, text messages, voice mail, carrier pigeon, smoke signal, or any other means, you CAN be prosecuted and face jail time. Bottom line is, that until she is 18 (yes, even if she gets pregnant), her parents have MANY ways to make your life hell, and possibly put you behind bars under OTHER statutes.

Not to mention getting you registered as a sexual offender... this does not help your job prospects at all.

wait.. so i will be registered as an offender? i haven't sent her any type of messages. but she has sent me one asking question. I didn't say anything bad in the message back.

Will my career be in danger?

panther10758 Guest

If convicted of a sexual offense yes your career could be in danger. Keep away from minors!

I'm only older than her by 2 years. O man... So I'll be a sexual offender.. where they sent letters to everyone in my neighborhood. She can consent though right? How bad is the situation I am in?

Default Statutory Rape. Fl

Ok I'm 19 my gf is 16 turning 17. I've had sex with her. Her parents are flipping out and want to put me in jail. He threatened me saying he was going to put me on the sexual offenders lists and throw me in jail.

Is this possible? Is there anything I can do?

panther10758 Guest

A minor's consent which she is not yet age of so that dead issue does not trump parents wishes. STAY AWAY from minors!!

The age of consent means that she is not ABLE to give consent. in other words, she could have climbed into your bedroom window, thrown off her clothes and BEGGED for it and she still wouldnt' have given legal consent.

Depending on when you two kids started schtupping, you may or may not have a problem.

Florida is not known for the easy time it gives to such crimes.

I would forget this girl ever existed. No more contact at all.

Cy is right - Florida's Attorney General has a HUGE push on to not only convict any person victimizing a juvenile (18 or under - PERIOD - on any number of charges, of which statutory rape is only ONE), but to do everything possible to expose such persons via sexual offender registration, handouts, flyers, weekly emails sent out by city police departments and county sheriff's offices, your face perpetually on a public website, etc.

Until she hits her 18th birthday, your entire future is in jeopardy. If you'd like to see some outcomes for charges such as lewd and lascivious behavior with a minor (actually a much lesser charge than statutory rape), see the many happy, smiling, faces at:

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/homepage.do

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast