Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Wild Weather!

Anybody catch the live coverage on CNN or FoxNews of the tornadic storm captured by a (rather brave!) news helicopter crew in Oklahoma this afternoon?

Over the course of an hour or so they filmed the formations of eight tornadoes in an almost stationary storm just south of Enid, OK. One of the tornadoes deccimated a hog farm as they filmed.

I'm a bit of a weather geek, I still storm-spot sometimes, and I was fixated by the coverage as funnel after funnel formed and disipated. I, along with the newsfolks, was fascinated by the shots that the chopper guys were getting. Mother Nature sure does provide some spectacles!

I've witnessed a tornado, once, as it plowed through a soybean field about an eighth-mile away from my front porch at a farmhouse I rented while in the military in Louisiana. I also lived through Hurricane Elena on Labor Day weekend in 1985. One gets a profound respect for the forces of nature when you get to see it firsthand.

The awesome part of the coverage earlier today was being witness to the dynamics of a powerful storm. The tornadoes that formed were fascinating to watch....except for the one that took out the farm. To see the damage that took place in seconds, right before our eyes, served as reminder that in any given moment all can be swept away.....whether it be by storm, or flood, or earthquake, or wildfire.

Dang! I almost got philosophic for a second or two......

Default Re: Wild Weather!

I seen it, it really was incredible.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/0...ml#cnnSTCVideo

WOW! Flooding in Iowa on a near Biblical scale!!!!

I have a relative who's the Police Chief in one of the bigger towns a little ways downriver from Cedar Rapids........they are truly in deep shit!!!!!

If any of y'all are churchgoers, kick a prayer or two their way on next time you're there!

If any of y'all are of a mind to, kickin' a buck or two that way would be pretty cool........

Some buddies and I are gonna spend Sunday sandbaggin' in Clarksville and Elsberry, MO......if anybody's in the 'hood, stop by and say hey!

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    WOW! Flooding in Iowa on a near Biblical scale!!!!

I have a relative who's the Police Chief in one of the bigger towns a little ways downriver from Cedar Rapids........they are truly in deep shit!!!!!

If any of y'all are churchgoers, kick a prayer or two their way on next time you're there!

If any of y'all are of a mind to, kickin' a buck or two that way would be pretty cool........

Some buddies and I are gonna spend Sunday sandbaggin' in Clarksville and Elsberry, MO......if anybody's in the 'hood, stop by and say hey!
    How will we know who you are? Tall, dark and handsome or the guy with the wife on his shoulders?

T,D & H!

The wife was on my "shoulders" earlier!

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    T,D & H!
    I've always said that about you! Ooops! Hope nobody else heard what I just said!

Quote Quoting cissycicle
    View Post
    I've always said that about you! Ooops! Hope nobody else heard what I just said!
    I just heard it, it woke me back up.

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    View Post
    I just heard it, it woke me back up.
    Shhhsh, we don't want wake Aaron!

Say What! We Don't Want To Wake Who?!

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    View Post
    Say What! We Don't Want To Wake Who?!
    WE DON'T WANT TO WAKE AARON, shoosh. We don't want him to wake up crabby, or WITH crabs. That would NOT be good!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast