Default Subpoenaed Record Information

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California; Kern County.

I got a letter in the mail today about In accordance with Civil Code 1798.24(k).

It was marked that my info was given about my car, and me the currently registered Owner

"This information was released pusuant to a subpoena, court order, or summons to the following requestor."

and the following requestor only has a name of some lady nothing like a court name from either LA county or Kern county. Which is where I go to school.

My question is how do i find out what this about since no other information is given. And could I be in trouble for something since the only thing this says is a name and not a place like a court.

Your answers are very apprecitaed thank you in advance

Default Re: Subpoenaed Record Information

All you told us is that somebody obtained information about your car by subpoena. You didn't say who, you didn't say why, you didn't give any other information. So we have no way to tell you anything about the letter.

Do you possibly have any idea yourself what this might be about? Otherwise, we need more info/details.

Well the information is very sketchy to me anyway, all it says is someones womans name, not from any company or legal office or court.

I suppose my question is how can I find out who this person is. there is no contact information either so there is no way i can know who this person is or what this is about

I mean if it was requested by the court would it say the court of Kern county or something?

not sure i know how to edit post but, Only thing I can think of is a fender bender in the parking lot of a trailor park, i backed out and wasn't looking but they said it was no damage and left, could they subpenoe me?

So you were involved in a hit-and-run, and you think somebody got your license plate and subpoenaed your identity so they can sue you? That's possible.

Well I figured they were the ones who ran, but this also means there not charging me? cause if they were the subpoena would come from the police...but even then they don't need to go to the DMV for liscence plates right?

They can just type it into there computer right? if I'm being sued thats fine I don't want to be charged

1. Sponsored Links