Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008

    Default Funding A Roth IRA For An Unemployed Spouse

    Hi,If I don't qualify for Roth IRA, can I enroll my wife for Roth and contribute to her account?. My wife is not working currently.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: Funding A Roth IRA For An Unemployed Spouse

    According to Bankrate,
    Quote Quoting Income
    Speaking of income, you must earn money to open any IRA. That means your only income can't be from unearned sources, such as investments. You must get paid wages, a salary, tips, professional fees or bonuses.

    There is an exception that allows Roth accounts for nonworking spouses. If you and your spouse file a joint return but one does not work, the employed spouse can open and contribute to a Roth IRA for the unemployed partner.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Spousal Support and Alimony: Unemployed Spouse Wants Alimony
    By mi_divorce in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
  2. Divorce: Paying Attorney Fees for Unemployed Spouse
    By Rebsmom in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 05:13 PM
  3. Roth IRA , 401k
    By sanou in forum Civil Procedure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Allowed Roth IRA Distributions
    By GoBears in forum Tax Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 10:03 AM
  5. Unemployed ex-spouse
    By treegirl in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources