Default Returning To Work Part Time And Keeping SSDI

I was awarded SSDI for my Cerebral Palsy and have gone to work recently part time in a completely different field at a much lower rate of pay as I was earning before. I'm interested in working more hours, but am worried about how this will affect my benefits. I'm currently making about $580 a month, but want to add a few more hours that will put me over $670 by a few dollars.

I'm in my late 30s and how CP affects me will only get worse as I age. Will this set me up for a reviews even though I have a disability that cannot be cured, and its affects only get worse with age? Will they take my benefits/decide I can work if they see me working a steady, part-time job? I most certainly will never exceed $940 per month...

I've never gone through a review, so part of it is probably paranoia about the process...

K in GA

Default Re: Return To Work PT And Keep SSDI?

Here's a link on SSDI including going back to work:

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10153.html#4

I might add that you do need to notify the Soc. Sec. Admin. that you went back to work.

Thanks for the link. I've read soo much recently that I think I've only confused myself more than I already was!

I guess I assumed that they already knew, as it is reported income and I file taxes and all that, but I'm planning on calling them to see if I can understand more clearly, so I'll let them know.

For anyone who's interested, I found a simple-to-understand explaination on the web: http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a which also explains why it's important to acutally let them know you are working, instead of just assuming they know because of tax records, like I did...

Just wanted to update...I called my local ssdi office and the rep on the phone was very nice, thuroughly explained how woring while on ssdi works, and confirmed that it is indeed very important to let them know you're working. He was extremely nice and helpful and answered all my questions.

Default Re: Returning To Work Part Time And Keeping SSDI

Thanks for the up-date & I'm glad you got all your questions answered.

1. Sponsored Links