Default Property Line Behind Fence

My question involves real estate located in the State of: new jersey

we purchased our home about 3 years ago. the fence was up before we bought the house. we knew the fence wasn't on the property line but at the time we didn't have the money to change it. now its three years later and we are planning on putting a new fence up. the old fence has approx. 5 feet of our property behind it. we would like to have our new fence put up on the property line. what is the best way to do this? also our neighbors have a fence that runs perpendicular to the fence in which we want to move. just looking for some advice.

Default Re: Property Line Behind Fence

What did your neighbor say when you proposed moving the fence to the property line? If it was "no problem," there you go.

we'll see how well my neighbor takes it tonight. i'll post the results later tonight or tomorrow morning.

so we went next door and talked with our neighbors about the fence. it turns out that our survey was slightly off due to the fact that the monument on our corner was covered with pavement. We measured the neighbors property line and it turns out that the fence is just about a foot and half off the property line. so all in all things worked out well and we won't even have to move the fence.

Congratulations.

1. Sponsored Links