Default Early Termination of Lease

My husband and I plan on moving out before our lease is up. We have obtained military housing and have a set date to move in. We have never had to write a thirty day notice before and I was wondering if anyone could give any links to sites that help. Or, if anyone else themselves could give suggestions.

Thank you in Advance.

Default Moving Out Early

There's no magic language that will automatically free you from your lease. If your lease isn't going to be up inside of that thirty days, talk to your landlord about what it would take to be released.

Default Re: Moving Out Early

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    There's no magic language that will automatically free you from your lease. If your lease isn't going to be up inside of that thirty days, talk to your landlord about what it would take to be released.
    I guess I worded this incorrectly. I wanted to know if there was a specific way a Thirty Day Notice needed to be formated in. As in, is there an unacceptable way to write a Thirty Day Notice?

Default Thirty Day Notice

There are official formats for thirty day notices to be given by landlords who wish to evict tenants, but I'm not aware of any official forms for thirty day notices from tenants to landlords. If you're giving notice you can check your lease to see if there are any specific requirements, and beyond that can give written notice of the date you will vacate the premises and the address where you can subsequently be reached.

Keep in mind that normally you have to tender a 30 day notice before the first day of the last month. If you had a current written lease, or a written lease that expired which resulted in month-to-month tenancy, you may have to abide by a longer notice term, if there was a provision for such.

Default Notice to Quit

That's the rule at common law, which many states have now changed by statute. But in the situation under discussion, it appears that the lease term extends beyond the thirty day notice period (however given) anyway.

1. Sponsored Links