Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005

    Default Failure To Protect Charges / Child Placement

    My husband was charged with failure to protect and his ex-wife with physical abuse. We then found out this was her 4th charge. DHS recommended the boys stay with her and attend parenting classes, counseling...etc. Yet the situation has only worsened and the abuse is still ongoing. The judge placed them in a Youth Shelter in our last court hearing, even though the 14 year old wants to live with us. The judge would not give us custody because of a Domestic assualt charge in 2001. We can't afford an attorney, and we feel like our hands are tied. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Appointed Attorney

    Ordinarily you would be entitled to appointed counsel, if you cannot afford a lawyer of your own. You may wish to check with the court. You may also wish to check these resources from the ABA.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Deprivation of Civil Rights: Can the State Be Held Accountable for Failure to Protect Child in Custody
    By yankeeboy_67 in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. Court Proceedings: Appealing Failure to Protect
    By Lovingmother80 in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
  3. Child Neglect: Failure to Protect
    By loriincali in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 03:18 PM
  4. Protective Services: What to Expect when DHS Takes Custody of Children for Failure to Protect
    By babyblue73 in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 05:32 AM
  5. Child Abuse: Child Protective Services - False Failure to Protect Charge
    By Angelofkc in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources