Hybrid View

Default Charged With Second OUI In Maine, But It's Really My Third

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maine, Mass. and Florida.

I got my 3rd OUI last May in Maine. They only saw the previous OUI also in Maine in 2001 so they charged me with 2nd offense.

I also got an OUI in 2003 in MA. I lost my license for 18 months from this last situation in Maine and I plan on moving to Florida soon.

My question is should I try and reinstate my license in FLorida or go back up to Maine, and when I do try to get my license back will one or both states see all 3 convictions? If they do what are the ramifications?

If I must fly back up to Maine next Feb. to do this I will but I just didn't know which way would have the greater chance at a more positive outcome.

I appreciate your guidance and advice on the matter.

Default Re: Charged With Second OUI In Maine, But It's Really My Third

You don't make it clear which state issued your license. I'm not going to try to guess.

I would expect that the state will learn of all three OUI's, but my ability to predict the future is imperfect. If your license is out of Maine, it may be that they don't detect the third conviction as they apparently have not yet detected it. Beyond that, you can consult a psychic, or wait to see what happens.

I was living in Maine at the time of the OUI with a Maine license. Sorry I didn't make that very clear.

So are you saying that if I try to get my license in Florida they will most likely see all three? I read somewhere that Mass is now a "no contact" state so maybe that was why it didn't show up in the computers in Maine?

So Florida learns of all 3...Then what happens?Or what if Maine finds out? Do I get my license restricted for longer ?
    I am just trying to get my life in order as quickly as is possible and just wanted advice about where to go to get my license back ME or FL, and if it even mattered.

Any state in which you apply for a license will ask you if you are presently suspended in another state. In some states, lying when applying for a license is a crime.

Beyond that, any state will examine whatever information it has about your driving history, and determine if you are eligible for a license based upon that information.

1. Sponsored Links