Question Emancipation For 16-Year-Old Over Dad's Emotional Abuse

My question involves emancipation. i am 16 (in Virginia) and my father causes me emotional stress/abuse. he tells me i'm stupid, yells at me, cusses at me, and only when he is mad at other people, not even just discipline. i have tried talking to him, telling him how i feel, but he refuses to admit he has done anything wrong. many adults i know agree with me that i should leave, and even my mom (when she found out) [he is very careful to do this only when no one is around, but some people know] told me she couldn't support me in that (they are together and she knows how angry he would be) but she would understand if i had to leave. hemade me quit and will not allow me to work b/c he knows i would save money to leave. i have somewhere to stay once emancipated and would like to do so, staying in school but working to. can i do this without his permission? also b/c i am not working now and not supporting myself? if you can could you please tell me and/or give me a lawyer in/near goochland, VA that could talk to me at least? thank you very much.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Emancipation For 16yr Old In VA. Dad Emotional Abuse

Nothing you posted supports emancipation.If you feel your being abused contact CPS thier National Hotline is 1-800-4-A-CHILD

Default Re: Emancipation For 16-Year-Old Over Dad's Emotional Abuse

Since you are not working and not supporting yourself, emancipation is not an option. Period.

Default Re: Emancipation For 16-Year-Old Over Dad's Emotional Abuse

UI know how you feel I am in the same situation it seems we have to bare through it wich does not make since i know i decided to just try do my very best in school do summer school and get a job make yoursdelf the best you and then maybe wait till your 17 and try to just ask to go live with some one else or get emancipated.

1. Sponsored Links