Default Day care changes in support

I found out my ex lied to the courts about the daycare and insurance expenses during our divorce. I paid $255/mth for day care and $70/mth for insurance for the past year. She has not had insurance for the past year because she quit her job, but I was still paying for it. My son has started Pre-K so daycare is $50 a month. My ex also has gotten insurance for him only that is $20 a month.

Does anyone think the court will reduce my payments?

I still pay $450 a month just in support. I dont deny that. Then they tack on the $325 for daycare and insurance. Thats the only part I want changed.
    I am in FL.

Default Fraud

You may be able to get relief, assuming that your ex- was supposed to report these changes and failed to do so. But in most cases, child support can only be modified from the date of your petition for modification - so you should consult a local family lawyer, get a petition filed, and make any available claims for reimbursement.

"child support can only be modified from the date of your petition for modification"

What do you mean by this?

I dont want any money back, I just want to pay the correrct rate.

I have zero money for a lawyer. Here locally they never help the "dads." They only help "moms" and then make the "dads" pay for it in the final order. <Ask me how I know.

Default Modification of Child Support

If you only wish to pay the correct amount from now forward, file a petition for modification of support. Once proofs are submitted, if you are correct in your beliefs, your support payments from the date of your petition forward should be for the correct amount. You should be able to handle filing such a petition without a lawyer. These forms should be useful.

Default Thanks

Thank you alot. I have those forms already.
    I just didnt know if once it was set there was no way to ever change it. Again thank you alot.

1. Sponsored Links