Default Won Suit - Now How About Collecting?

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

i recently won my small claims suit against the party responsible for the accident.

No police report was filed so her insurance denied my claim forcing my hand and bringing the matter to court. I do not have a judgment in hand i was told it would be mailed to me. My question is 1. how do i go about collecting from her insurance or do i have to send a letter of demand to her. and 2. i was only awarded a portion of my medical expenses what are my options?

Default Re: Won Suit - Now How About Collecting?

California offers this information on collecting small claims judgments, and this information on appealing an unsatisfactory small claims judgment.

thanks, im still a little unclear on things. the judge kept saying the insurance would just pay. so i guess im just wondering about that do they often just cut a check and send it out. do i have to send a letter of demand to the defendant (their customer) i can find very little on this process online once insurance is involved it all essentially just says dont worry about they will take care of it

Did you ever make a claim with the at-fault party's insurance? Did anybody? That's where you start, if you want the at-fault party's insurance to pay.

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    Did you ever make a claim with the at-fault party's insurance? Did anybody? That's where you start, if you want the at-fault party's insurance to pay.
    yes i did, i started a claim with my insurance that night and when they contacted the defendants insurance subsequently they opened a claim. the claim was reviewed and was denied as they were unable to determine fault. *kinda funny in a rear end collision thats when i filed a small claims suit against the defendant to settle the damages/medical etc. So i take it should send a demand letter to the agent at the defendants insurance that handled and denied the claim?

1. Sponsored Links