Default Colorado Law For Emancipation Of A Minor

I need someone to help my friend. she wants to get emancipated because she gets treated like a red headed step child. she got grounded because she ate some of her stepdads pepperonis and a bunch of dumb shit like that. She is trying to get a job and she will be able to stay with me. I just need to know the qualifications for her to get emancipated. And what will happen if her parents wont sign the papers.
    --thanks--

Default Colorado Emancipation Law

Colorado does not appear to have a statutorily defined procedure for emancipation. It recognizes emancipation in its statutes:
    Quote Quoting Colorado Code 19-1-103. Definitions
    (45) "Emancipated juvenile", as used in section 19-2-511, means a juvenile over fifteen years of age and under eighteen years of age who has, with the real or apparent assent of the juvenile's parents, demonstrated independence from the juvenile's parents in matters of care, custody, and earnings. The term may include, but shall not be limited to, any such juvenile who has the sole responsibility for the juvenile's own support, who is married, or who is in the military.
    Without a statute, it's difficult to suggest the procedures; you may wish to inquire with your local court to see if there are standard forms for petitioning for emancipation. But the statute suggests that your friend can't emancipate over the objection of her parents.

Default hey

i was wondering where you got your information and if you could find a web site for emancipation in colorado

That information is from the Colorado Code.

1. Sponsored Links