Default Old Lien Release On Title

I bought a used car in California that still has the original lien from the dealer on the title because the owner paid if off but never removed it. DMV wont' let me register it until I obtain a release. However the company that issued it is out of business. The company THEY sold it to is also out of business. I did not buy the car from the original owner but I was able to track her down. She sent me a notarized release from the 2nd company. The DMV rejected it saying the company did not match the one on the original lien. The DMV is telling me I need a letter from the 2nd company saying they bought the lien from the 1st company, I have exhausted every angle trying to do this. DMV says I will need a motor vehicle bond. This car is 15 years old. Does anyone have a suggestion short of forging a letter from the 2nd company saying they bought the 1st one??? I do not have the money for a bond. Thanks!!

Default Re: Old Lien Release On Title

Q: Does anyone have a suggestion short of forging a letter from the 2nd company saying they bought the 1st one?

A: You need to file a declaratory judgment lawsuit. You need a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links