Angry Neighbor Encroaching, Blocking Private Easement

The private street on which my house resides is also in my deed (I own it) as an easement for 3 other properties. It clearly states for road purposes only.
    My house is at the very end. One neighbor (a bit off his rocker), is continually on the shoulder or partway in the road making it difficult to get around him. He is constantly in the road with junk, old cars etc., I never now what I will find when i drive out. Lately he has totally blocked my neighbors access to his driveway. We've called the police many times and have managed to get all his junk cars off our property and on to his (4).
    Yesterday when he clearly blocked the access (right next to the no parking/towing zone sign my neighbor put up), we thought let's call the police again and have them tow it or have him ticketed, they will do something this time!!! They came and did nothing.... I can't understand .... they said it is on private property and is a civil matter. The neighbor tried to have it towed but no company would get involved. How is this possible to have your access to your property blocked, and you can't get in and have no recourse but a lawsuit???? Please help us get this neighbor form continued encroachment. *( Not to mention the stress involved.

Default Re: Neighbor Encroaching, Blocking Private Easement

Quote Quoting Loreina
    View Post
    The private street on which my house resides is also in my deed (I own it) as an easement for 3 other properties. It clearly states for road purposes only.
    My house is at the very end. One neighbor (a bit off his rocker), is continually on the shoulder or partway in the road making it difficult to get around him. He is constantly in the road with junk, old cars etc., I never now what I will find when i drive out. Lately he has totally blocked my neighbors access to his driveway. We've called the police many times and have managed to get all his junk cars off our property and on to his (4).
    Yesterday when he clearly blocked the access (right next to the no parking/towing zone sign my neighbor put up), we thought let's call the police again and have them tow it or have him ticketed, they will do something this time!!! They came and did nothing.... I can't understand .... they said it is on private property and is a civil matter. The neighbor tried to have it towed but no company would get involved. How is this possible to have your access to your property blocked, and you can't get in and have no recourse but a lawsuit???? Please help us get this neighbor form continued encroachment. *( Not to mention the stress involved.
    I guess I could try and get the road turned over to the county???

1. Sponsored Links