Default Shoplifting With Court Supervision

I was caught shoplifting in Illinois a few years back, for which i received one year court supervision. I fulfilled the terms of the supervision, returned to court, and the judge had said i was done (march 2007).... now from what i understand the only thing that should be on my record is an arrest. However on multiple occasions it has turned up to be the shoplifting charge itself. Can anyone please explain this to me?

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Shoplifting With Court Supervision

Actually we cant. We dont know what was seen or what terms of conviction/dismissal were. Contact your Attorney for shoplifitng incident or court itself

Really? I was under the impression that a differed conviction on court supervision would be dropped once the terms were completed. In this case 1 year w/out getting in any trouble, no contact with the store involved, and to return on the alloted date to complete... What factors would affect the way court supervision works?

panther10758 Guest

Only you know the terms of your court program. If what you say is correct contact the Attorney who worked on your case.

A criminal record typically is comprised of three elements - the arrest, charge, and disposition. From what you say your record is correct - it shows the arrest and charge, and the disposition reflects the dismissal.

You have an expectation that the original charge would disappear from the record. But we don't know what gave you that expectation.

Well whenever i looked up court supervision, it always said that the only thing on my record would be the arrest. My lawyer even said I could check the no box for criminal history on job applications. Thats what gave me the impression.

1. Sponsored Links