Default My Son Bought A Car But The Previous Owner Moved And Neglected To Sign The Title

Ny son bought a used Jeep Wrangler in South Carolina from an owner who was leaving the country. He loves the car, but when he went to get to register it he found that the owner had neglected to sign on one line. The DMV won't register the car without the signature. He has an address, but that's all. In the mean time, he is in the navy and can't park the vehicle on base without proper registration. He will have to park it 3 miles away unprotected and walk back to his room. Any suggestions? lves vehicle registration or title in the state of:

Default Re: My Son Bought A Car But The Previous Owner Moved And Neglected To Sign The Title

No good ones. He may be able to bring a legal action against the seller, to get a judgment that the DMV may recognize as a basis to transfer title, but that's likely to be complicated and expensive (I doubt he'll be able do proceed without a lawyer). Or, as you have guessed, he can track down the seller and get the signature.

A local lawyer may be able to give him a better idea.

1. Sponsored Links