My question involves small claims court in the state of: IL

I am being sued, and the plaintiff changed his request for money to "specific performance". Its my understanding that small claims courts are for monetary judgements so my first arguement is going to be that the court lacks jurisdiction.

My question is this: do I have to file a motion prior to the actual court date, or can i make a motion to dismiss the day of the court date?

I really don't care if I loose the case for a monetary judgement, and can prove the value a lot less than what is being asked for, but I do NOT want the specific performance.