Angry Employer Bounced Our Payroll Checks And Now Won't Pay The Service Fee

i worked for a company a staffing management company that paid us one weekend and all of our check were returned 3along with the normal fee that comes along with bounced checkes alot of us use a check cashing service and banks those using banks had the service fee attached to their account others like myself were 86'd from the cashing location until the service charge is made good the owner isnt answering any questions regarding the fees can we as agroup fill a class action against him please respond to driverdan02@yahoo.com we are very angry and

ps we all live in los angeles county, what are our options other than a leg or arm please help ty

Default Re: Employer Bounced Our Payroll Checks And Now Won't Pay The Service Fee

While ethically I think he should, legally the employer is not obligated to pay the service fee.

Question Re: Employer Bounced Our Payroll Checks And Now Won't Pay The Service Fee

why not legally he is the person who issued and signed the check not i

Default Re: Employer Bounced Our Payroll Checks And Now Won't Pay The Service Fee

Because the law does not say that he is responsible for service fees if a check bounces.

I cannot make the law say what you want it to say if it does not, sorry.

Quote Quoting driverdan02
    View Post
    i worked for a company a staffing management company that paid us one weekend and all of our check were returned 3along with the normal fee that comes along with bounced checkes alot of us use a check cashing service and banks those using banks had the service fee attached to their account others like myself were 86'd from the cashing location until the service charge is made good the owner isnt answering any questions regarding the fees can we as agroup fill a class action against him please respond to driverdan02@yahoo.com we are very angry and

ps we all live in los angeles county, what are our options other than a leg or arm please help ty

Odd, if the checks bounced, the employer should be the one the return fee is levied against?

Did he make good the payroll checks afterwards, or are you and others still out your pay??

he staffs plenty of upscale country clubs and restaurants and all of us were affected by this he states that his checking account was breached and he had to contact his branch he made good on i believe most of the payroll but not the service charges

Quote Quoting driverdan02
    View Post
    he staffs plenty of upscale country clubs and restaurants and all of us were affected by this he states that his checking account was breached and he had to contact his branch he made good on i believe most of the payroll but not the service charges

Depending on how much the service charge was, I may just eat it? I am not in your place though!!

State laws codify who and how much a returned check fee can be levied against, that is why I can not understand the check cash place tacking it onto those affected, it was not drawn on your account!!

You have a right to be reimbursed, true, but if it was a one time thing, it may be best to write it off?? In reality, you are still employed by him and no telling what may happen if a suit were filed.

Class actions to my knowledge, always have to be "certified" by the court as such, OR the Plaintiff must proceed as an individual.

Were you already charged for it, and/or did you pay it, details if you can!!

Maybe I misinterpreted this.

I read the poster as saying that because the payroll check bounced, checks that they in turn had written also bounced. That is a fairly common question and I have learned from a couple of friends who do payroll that, unfair as it may seem, the employer is not responsible for subsequent charges.

If, however, the charge for the payroll check bouncing is being assigned to the employee, that's not quite the same thing. If that's what's happening, I don't know the answer but will happily run the question by my payroll friends.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Maybe I misinterpreted this.

I read the poster as saying that because the payroll check bounced, checks that they in turn had written also bounced. That is a fairly common question and I have learned from a couple of friends who do payroll that, unfair as it may seem, the employer is not responsible for subsequent charges.

I never thought of that aspect? Could be?? Maybe I misinterpreted it then?? I was thinking since the payroll check bounced, they charged him for that only?? That is why it did not sound logical to me??

If, however, the charge for the payroll check bouncing is being assigned to the employee, that's not quite the same thing. If that's what's happening, I don't know the answer but will happily run the question by my payroll friends.
    I think I will wait for some more definite details myself!!

1. Sponsored Links