Default Marry Now Or After Naturalization?

Hello!
    Here is my situation. I am ready to file for a citizenship right now and also about to marry. My boyfriend entered US legally but overstayed his student visa, he has a SSN. After I get a citizenship I will petition him as a husband.
    The question is: is that better for us first to marry and file for citizenship for me as already married person (so when we come to the interview for a getting permanent residence status for him we will have some proof that we married for some time) OR it doesn't benefit the time of marriage - BEFORE filing N 400 for me now or AFTER.
    Can the immigration officer be suspicious to the fact that we married right after getting my citizenship?
    We love each other and live for a year already and there is no hot rush for getting marriage certificate, we just want to know when is the best time to marry for us IF IT'S LATER CAN SOMEHOW INFLUENCE GETTING A PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR HIM.
    Thank you very much for your advices!

Default Re: The Best Option

Quote Quoting nichka
    View Post
    Can the immigration officer be suspicious to the fact that we married right after getting my citizenship?
    He can be, and he probably will be.

If you can document that your relationship is legitimate, you should be fine.

The bigger thing to worry about is that your honey is an overstay. You should really chat with a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links