Default California Employment Offer Rescinded

I am a pharmacy student that will be graduating in two months. I interviewed and was verbally offered a job with a company and was also accepted to do a residency with at a hospital. I passed up the residency for the job, only to find out last night that the offer was rescinded. Of course now, the residency position has been filled, and I am again starting from the beginning.

I don't have any specific monetary damages from this since I am not currently employed and did not have to give up to accept the offer, but passing up the residency will hurt my future earnings as a pharmacist with a residency has a greater ability to work in higher paying jobs.

Other than "go find another job", does anyone have any advice or suggestions. I am simply posting to alleviate my anger.

Default Re: California Employment Offer Rescinded

On it's surface, it does not appear you have a cause of action, true.

I do understand your frustration though, but the reality is, that is the employment world for you, dog eat dog.

I knew a girl some time ago who finally got her time in to retire and she was just so happy, she was beyond words. She was so sick of the mind games played out there. I can't say I blame her. I have a while to go before retirement. Between her small pension and SS, she can live on it, so she is as happy as a lark!!

Good luck!

BOR

Default Re: California Employment Offer Rescinded

I see no case against the co. either.

I have no suggestions other than what you suggested yourself - keep looking. I can tell you that you aren't the first person this happened to - just keep positive & keep looking. You will find something - maybe even something better.

Good luck.

1. Sponsored Links