Default Having Someone Else's Child, But Spouse Refuses To Sign Divorce Papers

I've been seperated from my spouse for 15 months and I'm currently pregnant with someone else's child. My spouse is giving me trouble now with what I thought to be an easy divorce. I can't figure out why he could keep delaying signing the divorce papers but I do not wish to be married to him when I have this baby. The baby's father and I hope to become married shortly after the baby is born. If my spouse refuses to sign the papers by the time I deliver, forcing me to stay married to him, is it true he's responsible for the child even though it's not his?

Default Re: Having Someone Else's Child And Spouse Refuses To Sign Divorce Papers.

What state?
    Do not put your husbands name of the birth certificate to start with.

Default Re: Having Someone Else's Child And Spouse Refuses To Sign Divorce Papers.

Well, that's the thing. I've lived in Pennsylvania the entire time and the spouse lives in New York. I most certainly did not put his name down for the birth certificate. When I first filed, he said it was fine and he'd sign because he wants to end it also. Now he's stalling and telling me he won't sign it if I'm "not polite". He's aware I'm with someone but he doesn't know I'm pregnant. I was afraid if I told him before he signs, he wouldn't want to sign it. However, I've heard from a few people, that if he refuses to give me a divorce he'll have to support the child even though it's not his.

1. Sponsored Links