Default How Long Do You Have To File A Claim

My best friend hurt his back while on the job. He is an abulence driver and he hurt his back lifting up a patient. He told his boss about it, which did not file a report. My friend left this job after a couple of years, because his back hurt too much. My friend is really ignorant about a lot of things in life. He has no idea about workman comp issues and all. He has been to the chiropractor many times over the past few years, but he still complains of back issues. How long can my friend file for a workman comp case in the state of California? I really hate that he has to keep forking over money out of his own pocket, when the accident happened while performing his duties on the job...you know what I mean?

Default Re: How Long Can You File A Claim

He is supposed to report a work injury in writing within thirty days. His employer is supposed to give him a form to complete, within 1 day of being told of the injury. Less formal notice to the employer can suffice if in fact the injury was reported.

But making no proper notice then waiting years to try to make a claim? It's going to be extremely difficult. Tell your friend to talk to a workers comp lawyer.

Default Re: How Long Do You Have To File A Claim

I research this out and found out that a work related injury must in fact be reported right away. It wouldn't make sense if a great deal of time passes and one brings up the matter later...which posses the question...why?

1. Sponsored Links