Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Default Appealing a Sentence from 1999

    Can I appeal the sentence that I was given? being misrepresented?
    Here is my situtation that I had gotten my self into with the law.
    I am trying to find employment in the state on CT. Were I am seeing trouble is although I have several misdemeanor charges on my record I was under the impression that as long as you don't have any felony charges that should not hinder you from employment? I have tried to find employment in so many institutions and here the same things time and time again. YOUR RECORD INDICATES. How does one that make mistakes in life be able to correct his or her mistakes?

    Back in 1996, I ran into some complications with the law. There were two cases pending. The cases were closed in 1999. I plead guilty, with the advise of my lawyer, not really understanding the entirety of my plea. I was under the impression that this would not be on my record once I plead guilty to two counts of misdemeanor charges. The first charge was assault 3rd; the second was for larceny in the 6th. The assault charge occurred during my daughter's birthday party. There was a misunderstanding between my self and another individual, the situation got out of hand, which lead to me plead guilty, in addition against my better judgment. The second incident that occurred, took place at Feline's department store. I was with a young lady that was later found guilty of a larceny charge, by association I also was charged.

    In conclusion I take full responsibility for my actions. I have learned that every action you may take in life has it rewards and penalties. In my situation I am correcting those unfortunate obstacles, in hopes that my past judgments will not be condemn for future goals and achievements.

    All I am asking if you can tell me are there going to be any hope for persons that are willing and has cleaned up there life and be held accountable all there life over a misdemeanorcharge, that's just like having a felony in the site of others. Is life that unjust that no matter how hard you try, because of something that was of the past has to hinder you for the rest of your life. Well, your law has done one thing for me, it has taken my life. If infact I do not care about a response I am just going to give up and take my life, no one else cares :evil:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004

    Default Connecticut Pardon

    It appears that your remedy lies with the Connecticut Board of Pardons & Paroles. You may not apply for a pardon until at least five years have elapsed from the date of completion of your sentence, including a suspended sentence together with any term of probation attached.

    If you are truly feeling suicidal, I suggest you consult with a mental health professional.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Post-Conviction Relief: Appealing a Life Sentence for Sexual Assault
    By Rochepalacios in forum Criminal Procedure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 04:52 PM
  2. Failure to Pay Support Since 1999
    By trdevn in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 09:37 PM
  3. Arrest Warrants: Bench Warrant Since 1999
    By cayococo in forum Criminal Procedure
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
  4. Probation and Parole: Appealing a Probation Violation Sentence
    By striversmind in forum Probation, Parole and Incarceration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 12:00 PM
  5. Probation and Parole: Appealing Probation Violation Sentence
    By NicoleS in forum Probation, Parole and Incarceration
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Criminal Defense Attorney
Protect your freedom. Consult a criminal defense lawyer for free.