Default Speeding Ticket In Washington - Officer's Notes On Back Of Ticket

Where can I find the requirements for what an Officer is required to complete on the back of his copy of the Infraction Notice? I went to the Courthouse to request this information and the Officer had not provided this yet. The infraction was on January 11th, 2008 and I requested it on 3-17-08. Is there a time limit and what are they required to record?

See the thread I posted previously for additional information, if it will help.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Speeding Ticket In Washington - Officer's Notes On Back Of Ticket

There are NO "requirements", per se. The officer's notes, along with the citation, are the only evidence against you. So the notes SHOULD contain information about the SMD, the weather, traffic density, etc.

If the officer filed the ticket with the court, his/her notes should be on the back. If there are NO notes on the back, you're home free. Move for a dismissal due to lack of evidence.

You say that you requested discovery, to whom did you send your request? It must be "served" on the prosecutor and "filed" with the court. If you did that, you should receive any "sworn statement" the officer made. If not, move to exclude that evidence pursuant to IRLJ 3.1(b):
    Quote Quoting IRLJ 3.1(b)
    If the prosecuting authority, without reasonable excuse or justification, fails to provide the citing officer's sworn statement, the statement shall be suppressed.
    Then, since there is no evidence against you, move for dismissal.

Good luck,
    Barry

1. Sponsored Links