Default Credit Report After A Dispute

Does anyone know if there is a law that requires the 3 credit reporting agencies to provide an updated report after an investigation? TransUnion sent me a letter with their results of the several items I disputed however no updated full credit report was included; I only received a letter with their results.

Do I have a legal leg to stand on that would require them to provide an updated report? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dazzed and Confused

Default Re: Credit Report After A Dispute

The reporting agencies are not required to provide you with a full credit report after an investigation, only the letter explaining their results.

If you want an updated credit report, you have to request it.

They are available for free once a year through AnnualCreditReport.com, or anytime within 30 days of being denied credit based on a particular reporting agency's information.

Thank you kindly for your help. It was most helpful.

Dazzed and Confused.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    The reporting agencies are not required to provide you with a full credit report after an investigation, only the letter explaining their results.

If you want an updated credit report, you have to request it.

They are available for free once a year through AnnualCreditReport.com, or anytime within 30 days of being denied credit based on a particular reporting agency's information.
    Actually I think it is 60 days. If denied for a credit card, you are also eligible to get a credit report from whatever agencies they used to determine credit worthiness for free. AnnualCreditReport.com is definitely a good resource that has only been available for free for the last four years or so. The only problem is you can not get your FICO for free and even fico.com makes really hard to get it without signing up for some $30 a month credit monitoring service.

The best way to get it is to go talk to a car dealer. They will run it for free and should be able to tell you you scores from at least two of the agencies.

Now the plot thickens. I am disputing with all three bureaus and now Experian keeps saying they cannot process my request b/c I did not provide them with proper ID. I have provided ID to them twice in three months, the last time certified return receipt. I submitted a copy of my DL and copy of my bank statement (envelope only that shows my name, address and date it was mailed) and copy of a credit card statement (again envelope only). They are "jerking my chain." What recourse do I have at this point. I keep providing what they request and they keep denying to investigate. Pleas help. I'm getting "ticked off" and want to escalate this now.

Dazzed and Confused

1. Sponsored Links