Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Unhappy Eviction Procedures In Michigan, Oakland County

    The management staff at my complex is trying to evict me from my home. This is currently an on going dispute as to whether I own them late fees for previous months spanning back to 2005 and fees related to signing my renewal lease late.* The management company and I agreed upon a figure for me to pay and I did.* One month after I paid this figure, a lady from the complex management staff called me asking when I was going to pay the late fees, I told her I had already done so, but she said I did not.* Since this call, I have received vacate to quit notices, evictions notices and letters from the complex about this matter, I feel like Iím being arrested.* The last evictions notice I received, I went to court with my proof, I met with the complex lawyer and he told me the case had been dismissed.* I asked him why and he responded by asking me did you pay the fees, I said no, I paid my rent, but I did not pay any fees.* He had nothing else to say, so I left.The next month when I tried to pay my rent, I was blocked from paying it online.* I called the lady I had been discussing this matter with and she said I still owed them fees.* I asked her to send me proof and she said she would, but it never arrived.* I called her asking where the information I requested was and she said I explained to you numerous times how you owe these fees and I have nothing to send you.* I now have another eviction notice and need advise on how to handle this matter.* I believe I need a lawyer, but I do not have the funds to hire one.* I researched free legal aid, but my court date is before the days they are open.* What can I do, I am tired of dealing with this and just want out of my lease.* How should I proceed?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Toledo, OH

    Default Re: Eviction Procedures In Michigan, Oakland County

    Take your proof to court with you. You will be given the opportunity to present your side.

    Yes, it does seem you need an attorney, at least to ask a few questions of. Contact your local bar association and ask to be referred to someone who offers a free phone consultation.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Foreclosure: After Sheriff's Sale What Are Eviction Procedures
    By kim5225 in forum Buying, Selling and Conveying Real Estate
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 03:55 PM
  2. Eviction Process: Eviction Procedures In Ohio
    By chiefsangel in forum Landlord-Tenant Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 08:14 PM
  3. Eviction Process: Proper Procedures in Georgia Eviction
    By INeedHelpASAP in forum Landlord-Tenant Law
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 10:09 AM
  4. Oakland County FOC and Support Wording
    By Devastated in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
  5. Lights, Signs and Traffic Controls: Moving violation in Oakland County
    By cfusion in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Landlord-Tenant Forms
Expert forms for all states. Residential & commercial. Immediate download.