Default Record Expunged

I live in Louisville Ky. I was convicted of Class D felony in the year of 1995. I have had a clean record since serving my time in prison. What does the Law state in Ky regarding having my record expunged? Is this possible or do I need to have my record pardoned by the Governor?

Default Re: Record Expunged

You need to keep an eye on HB 31, the Kentucky House passed this on 03-04-08 and it has been sent to the Senate for consideration.

AN ACT relating to criminal record expungement.

Create a new section of KRS Chapter 533 to allow persons convicted of one Class D felony or a series of Class D felonies arising out of a single event to petition to have their records expunged; amend KRS 431.078, relating to misdemeanor expungements, to change the application fee from $25 to $50 dollars and to begin the five-year waiting period from the date of adjudication of the offense; amend KRS 527.040 to exempt individuals who have had their records expunged from the statute on a felon in possession of a firearm; create a new section of KRS Chapter 533 to require the Administrative Office of the Courts to keep a confidential index of expungement orders for utilization in the preparation of presentence investigations.

1. Sponsored Links