Default Detectives Investing Family Violence

I have told my story recently about my ex husband assaulting(raping) me while we were still married. It was 4 years ago. I got the nerve to talk to a few detectives here and they said they would do an undercover investigation. My mother saw him putting pills in my drink and wrote a statement. He also admitted it to her and myself. What more do they need to investigate? Why can't they just turn it over to the DA and press charges or arrest him? I am within the statute so I don't understand.

Default Re: Detectives Investing Family Violence

Quote Quoting vghulett
    View Post
    I have told my story recently about my ex husband assaulting(raping) me while we were still married. It was 4 years ago. I got the nerve to talk to a few detectives here and they said they would do an undercover investigation. My mother saw him putting pills in my drink and wrote a statement. He also admitted it to her and myself. What more do they need to investigate? Why can't they just turn it over to the DA and press charges or arrest him? I am within the statute so I don't understand.
    They need to look into the matter because they have no real evidence.

You say he raped you ... he'll say he did not. A push.

Your mother says she saw him putting some pills into your drink ... he'll say he did not, or say they were vitamins - or something YOU wanted in your drink. A push.

You say he admitted to you and your mom that he raped you ... he'll say that's not true. A push.

If they sent it to the DA now, there would be no case. This is a 4 year old case! There is no evidence, and a case of "he said, she said". If the defense can come up with even the most remote reason for you and/or your mom to lie, then there is the reasonable doubt.

Cold rape cases are extremely difficult to prosecute even under the BEST of circumstances. After four years, this is going to be a tremendous undertaking.

I would recommend counseling for yourself to help you move beyond this. Don't count on prosecution for closure, because it is very likely that won't happen. Absent a confession, a prosecution with this information alone would seem to be a long shot. And even if the DA took a stab at it, a conviction is very much in doubt.

- Carl

1. Sponsored Links