Default Marijuana Possession In Michigan

I was pulled over last night after leaving a friends house. I had been smoking at my friends house and had two joints in my pocket. The officer asked me if i had been smoking. I was honest with him and told him i had been. He then searched me and my car and found the joints. He gave me a ticket for possession of marijuana. What will happen when I go to court? Is there any way that i can avoid probation? Should I get a lawyer? My record is clean, this is my first offense. What kind of punishment am I most likely going to face? Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Marijuana Possession In Michigan

well i had the same proublem in florida i went to court and got put on proobation but i had more then 2 joints and i have a record a bad 1 so since your record is clean u may just have to get a real good lawyer andd hope for the best man wish u luck DTB

Default Re: Marijuana Possession In Michigan

Quote Quoting montgomb
    View Post
    I was pulled over last night after leaving a friends house. I had been smoking at my friends house and had two joints in my pocket. The officer asked me if i had been smoking. I was honest with him and told him i had been. He then searched me and my car and found the joints. He gave me a ticket for possession of marijuana. What will happen when I go to court? Is there any way that i can avoid probation? Should I get a lawyer? My record is clean, this is my first offense. What kind of punishment am I most likely going to face? Thanks
    Once you head to court you will have to go before the judge and enter a plea. Make sure to enter 'not guilty' at that time. Your case will then be set for a pre-trial conference. This is the 1st opportunity for you or your attorney to talk with the assistant prosuctor about your case. If a plea deal is reached, it is usually done at this point.

If you do actually have a clean record, the best deal for you is the 7411. This is a statute in Michigan which basically states that if you plead guilty to the charge, you will be placed on probation for a short period of time. If you complete the probationary period with no problems, the charge of possession will drop off your record. Expect some fines as costs on top of this as well.

Getting this result just depends on the prosecutor and the judge. This is were hiring a good attorney that knows the court system well can pay off. You may be able to get the deal on your own but I have seen it go both ways.

You should call some attorneys to see what they can offer. Most likely, any good criminal attorney will make you get a substance abuse assessment before your pre-trial. It looks good to the cout and you are getting ahead of the game.

Good luck and do your best to preserve your record.

Question Re: Marijuana Possession In Michigan

This is a very similar situation to me. I was on spring break in Michigan from Wisconsin. My buddy was driving the car and I was in the passenger seat. I got arrested for possession. I had 15g of marijuana on me. What should I do. Can you suggest a good lawyer? Even if I do plead guilty, what will the penalty be? They have not given me my charges yet. They said it might take a few days. Are they just making sure it was marijuana or are they deciding if it is going to be possession with the intent to sell? What should I do?

Default Re: Marijuana Possession In Michigan

norml.com should have all your answers concerning Marijuana and the Law.

1. Sponsored Links