Default Removing Conditions On Permanent Residency Card

Hi everyone, On December 3rd 07 my husband and I filed to remove conditions on my conditional resident card. I was sent a letter to go have my biometrics done and i got that done on 01/10/08. Apparently my husband turns around on 01/31/08 and files for a divorce which was a shock to me. Anyhow my question is, does this affect my renewal process and If so would it be best for my daughter(us citizen) to leave the country? Am the type who never wants to get into any kind of trouble. Or and also what i didn't state is my daughter is both our biological child as in my soon to be ex husband and i.
    My card expired on 03/02/08 but was sent a letter stating it had been renewed for an extra year. I don't want to take any chances.

Default Re: Removing Conditions On Permanent Residency Card

Quote Quoting alek1980
    View Post
    ...and If so would it be best for my daughter(us citizen) to leave the country?
    What is that question about? You say that your daughter is a citizen.

As your marriage was entered into in good faith but is apparently ending in divorce, you should be able to proceed on your own petition even if your husband withdraws his support.

Am sorry knowitall it was just a typing error what i actually meant to ask was. With him filing for a divorce does that affect my status? And do you think it would be best for me to leave the country because i don't ever want to be in any kind of trouble with the law. But thanks Mr Knowitall for your response. Excuse me i meant my daughter and I to leave the country, with me being her primary custodial parent not through courts of law just by the fact that her dad doesn't have the ability to support her financially and physically.

Thanks Knowitall for your helpful advice. I've recieved my GC without conditions today. I can't believe i did it all alone with of course the advice i recieved from you. I had bought tickets for my daughter and i to leave on 03/31/08 but i guess now all i need to do is call AA for a refund. Thanks so much

1. Sponsored Links