Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question How to Get My Kids Emancipated So They Can Live With Me

I was in a violent relations hip that costs me my kids and they illegally went to court without my knowledge and terminated my rights and said once terminated they dont object to visits but they still wont let me see them they find a way to call me and they keep movin them all over the place and now my daughter is 16 about to turn 17 and wants to be emancipated. Im in the state of ky and thios sysytem has csrewed every whixch way and the reason behind the removal was the ex boyfriend that abused tem in multiple ways so i had no knowledge of that abuse but i suffered my custody, how can she go about being emanicipated ands who can she live witrh if so she wants to come live with me. HOwever my son is about to 16 but he has a learning disability so i dont think they woulod even let him emanicpate they r both in foster homes and contract on regular basis and because they know they are in contact with me they are moving her to another foster home at the end of a school year which i think is crazy

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Emaniciaption Ands Kys Legal System

You misunderstand emancipation. emancipation is about "self" support not changing where you live

Quote Quoting lilmama36
    View Post
    I was in a violent relations hip that costs me my kids and they illegally went to court without my knowledge and terminated my rights and said once terminated they dont object to visits but they still wont let me see them they find a way to call me and they keep movin them all over the place and now my daughter is 16 about to turn 17 and wants to be emancipated. Im in the state of ky and thios sysytem has csrewed every whixch way and the reason behind the removal was the ex boyfriend that abused tem in multiple ways so i had no knowledge of that abuse but i suffered my custody, how can she go about being emanicipated ands who can she live witrh if so she wants to come live with me. HOwever my son is about to 16 but he has a learning disability so i dont think they woulod even let him emanicpate they r both in foster homes and contract on regular basis and because they know they are in contact with me they are moving her to another foster home at the end of a school year which i think is crazy
    Is there a COURT ORDER that specifically TERMINATED all of your parental RIGHTS?

If there is, how long ago was the order issued?

Who is "they"?

i know what emanicpation is im not dumb, i was emanicpated at 17 so i am quite aware she wants to emanicpate her self so the system will release her and she take care of herself which is basically what she is doin know inside the foster parents house can she do it?

Quote Quoting panther10758
    View Post
    You misunderstand emancipation. emancipation is about "self" support not changing where you live
    I'm trying to find out if the OP is even a legal parent anymore.

Quote Quoting Xena
    View Post
    Is there a COURT ORDER that specifically TERMINATED all of your parental RIGHTS?

If there is, how long ago was the order issued?

Who is "they"?

the order was done without my knowledge and i just found out about it i would say 3 years ago and the social workers is they

they terminated rights and i dint get a certified letter of appearance so i never knew but i am paying child support wierd huh

panther10758 Guest

KY has no statute for emancipation

Quote Quoting lilmama36
    View Post
    i know what emanicpation is im not dumb, i was emanicpated at 17 so i am quite aware she wants to emanicpate her self so the system will release her and she take care of herself which is basically what she is doin know inside the foster parents house can she do it?
    No one said you were dumb.

You didn't mention how she would be supporting herself.

However, since Kentucky has no emancipation law, we don't have anything to go by.

Also, her being a ward of the state, complicates the matter even further.

well if it wasnt for the screwy system i would nt be in this bind, or neither would she, but they keep disrupting her schooling what happened to best interest iof the child? they dont care about nothing but the almighty dollar, i am no big fan of the court system and her being bi racial adds fuel to the fire.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast