Hybrid View

Default Can My Probation Find Out If I Left The State Without Permission?

I am currently on probation in Illinois and I asked my probation officer to leave the state and he denied my request. If i leave anyway is there anyway he can find out as long as i don't get in trouble? I will be flying to the west coast and then a friend (with no criminal record) is driving back us to the mid-west three days later. I just need a couple of days in the sun and he needs my help moving his stuff back to the mid-west.

Default Re: Can My Probation Find Out If I Left The State Without Permission?

Quote Quoting BassPRO316
    View Post
    I am currently on probation in Illinois and I asked my probation officer to leave the state and he denied my request. If i leave anyway is there anyway he can find out as long as i don't get in trouble? I will be flying to the west coast and then a friend (with no criminal record) is driving back us to the mid-west three days later. I just need a couple of days in the sun and he needs my help moving his stuff back to the mid-west.
    Sure he can find out...Is it worth the risk for a few days in the sun?

Speaking from what Ive seen done as a PO yes your PO can find out. There are several ways this can happen if he has reason to believe you have left the state he can do a home visit and order you to report into the office within 24 hours. In the past a probationer did pull this on me, I did the Home visit, he did not show, Judge ordered an warrant, and I faxed the warrant to state police department I believed him to be.

He was picked up two days later, was brought back to his home state and served time for vop and had to pay extradition costs for bringing him back.

You have to remember your on probation, it is something you agreed to if you do not want probation, just request a hearing and ask for prison time.

Big brother is always watching!

1. Sponsored Links